Why is giving important?
The Bible has much to say about wisdom and finances, with 2,300 verses that tell us to be generous and good stewards of our resources. Jesus taught generosity and sacrifice. He demanded that his followers serve not wealth but God, and in the parable of the talents he taught that God will hold us each accountable for what we do with all our earthly possessions.
- To say “Thank You” to God for all God has given us
- To partner with God in doing His work
- To express love
- To experience God as our Provider by putting first things first
- To have the joy that comes from being generous
- To make it possible for others to be loved into a relationship with Jesus Christ
- To learn from Jesus who spoke about giving in 16 of his 38 parables
Electronic Funds Transfer
Electronic Funds Transfer (EFT) is the easiest, most cost-effective giving option for both you and the church. With EFT, you can reinforce your commitment to give your tithes and offerings to God first, before anything else.
One easy step each year guarantees that the church will receive your gifts on a regular basis, even if you are out of town or you forget one week. And on a practical note, EFT reduces the need for additional staff to process offerings.
For more information about EFT please contact:
Michelle McMinn, Financial Secretary